When you use and interact with our website, communicate with or otherwise contact us or visit our offices or attend our events, we may collect, use, share and process information relating to you (“Personal Data”). This summarizes our Personal Data processing practices and your related rights.
Blackcomb Consultants is the controller of your Personal Data and is responsible for its processing, unless expressly specified otherwise in this Privacy Statement. For the avoidance of doubt, our Privacy Statement does not apply to the extent we process Personal Data in the role of a processor on behalf of our customers. A reference to “Blackcomb Consultants,” “we,” “us” or the “Company” is a reference to Stonebridge Consulting Group LLC, DBA Blackcomb Consultants and/or the relevant company or affiliate involved in the processing activity. Our office locations may be found here . Please see the “Contacting us” section, below, for our contact information and the contact information of our data protection officer.
We collect and process Personal Data for a variety of purposes, including:
The processing of your name and contact information to provide you with information about our products, manage your registration for and attendance at our events and webinars or for office visits, manage your registration for contests or promotions, provide you with customer support or otherwise communicate with you;
- The processing of device and usage data to develop, improve, manage and customize our website and services, to assess and improve the related user experience, to identify customer opportunities and to guarantee our website’s and services’ security and continued proper functioning;
- The processing of your billing information to complete transactions with you when you purchase products or services from us;
- To provide you with the necessary functionalities required during your use of our website and services, and to review capacity requirements and compliance with the applicable usage terms;
- To display personalized advertisements to you and to send to you marketing communications about us, our products and our services; and
- To comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws and cooperate with public and government authorities.
We only collect and process your Personal Data to the extent it is necessary for fulfilling these purposes and where we can rely on a legal basis for such processing. Where required, we will ask you for your prior consent to processing.
We may share Personal Data with various parties, including:
- Our contracted service providers that process Personal Data on our behalf for IT and system administration and hosting, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, customer support and data enrichment;
- Affiliates within or contracted by our current or future corporate group that process Personal Data for customer support, marketing, event management, technical operations and account management;
- If you are a customer making use of our services, we may share data with affiliates within or contracted with our corporate group for the purpose of verifying your account information, investigating suspicious activity and reviewing compliance to our terms and policies;
- Sponsors of events, webinar or contests for which you register;
- Third-party social media and advertising networks, which usually act as separate controllers, so that we can advertise on their platforms;
- If we are involved in a merger, reorganization, asset sale or business combination; and
- Public and government authorities, to the extent we are compelled to disclose Personal Data to comply with our legal obligations.
To facilitate our business practices, your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate, including countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We have implemented safeguards to ensure an adequate level of data protection where your Personal Data is transferred to countries outside the EEA, such as standard contractual clauses for the transfer of Personal Data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR).
You have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. These rights may include:
- To access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data, ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- To erase/delete your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing);
- To transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- To object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects (“Automated Decision-Making”); Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our website; and
- To the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
To exercise your rights relating to your Personal Data, or if you have questions regarding our privacy practices, please mail us at:
Blackcomb Consultants Data Protection Officer (Privacy Team)
27475 Ferry Road
Warrenville, IL 60555
If you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, and you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.